Corporate IT Manager
Eton, United Kingdom
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in Corporate IT in a fast-growing technology enabled financial services company.
This is a hands- on role that requires a hardworking and passionate person to continue growing and developing the IT function, supporting our colleagues and teams across Europe and North America. The Corporate IT Manager manages and maintains security, systems, infrastructure, and third-party support relationships. This is an exciting role with the chance to have a companywide impact, working with internal and external stakeholders to provide a best-in-class service.
The successful candidate will have a high level of interpersonal skills and be comfortable communicating with people at all levels of the organisation.
This role will be predominantly based in our Eton Office but will work from our London office at least 1 day per week.
- Taking ownership of the corporate IT roadmap and driving best practice.
- Management of external suppliers.
- Designing, implementing, and supporting IT environments to meet business needs.
- Backup and disaster recovery strategy development, implementation, and maintenance
- Research, recommend, procure, and implement IT equipment and services, building strong relationships with suppliers and other third parties.
- IT security frameworks such as ISO 27001, Cyber Essentials.
- Asset tracking and management.
- Managing both hardware (e.g. inventory, equipment repairs) and software (e.g. provisioning, security)
- Work closely with both HR and Finance teams on new starters, leavers and budgets.
- Microsoft Azure & Windows technology experience
- Microsoft (MS) Active Directory & MS services and Exchange (Essential)
- Apple Mac Support experience
- Experience of supporting a multi-server network environment
- Networking skills – preferred
- Relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience working within a Financial Services environment or FinTech will be beneﬁcial.
- The successful candidate will possess relevant qualiﬁcations, e.g. Cisco, CCNA or CCNP certiﬁcation, have experience of Oﬃce 365 Cloud and Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Ability to think strategically and identify areas for improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of GDPR, ISO 27001, and security regulations.
- Strong stakeholder and vendor management experience
Validus Risk Management is an independent technology-enabled advisory firm specialising in the management of FX, interest rate and other market risks. We work with institutional investors, fund managers and portfolio companies to design and implement strategies to measure, manage and monitor financial market risk, using a market-tested combination of specialist consulting services, trade execution and innovative risk technology.
Working at Validus can offer an exciting opportunity for both personal development and professional growth. Share in our mission to become the largest and most respected specialist provider of financial market risk services in the world. Notable benefits include a competitive remuneration package (salary + bonus), pension contributions, regular social events, free parking (Eton office only), train ticket loans and financial support towards professional qualifications.
Validus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.